Tuesday 9 June 2009

IF I COULD, WOULD I?

I have to say that I am really proud of being part of the Evocative Foods team. I am kind of perfectionist also and I think that a lot of things could have been done better but a friend reminded me yesterday that it was a CLASS PROJECT!!

We really pushed the briefing forward, that is why we see that things weren't professional enough but, in general, people had fun, enjoyed the experience (the food, the place, the images) and talked between them!!

In my opinion, we SHOULD GO for another one but there are some points I would like to remark (my opinion):
- We should be more conscious of the budget at all times (if we want to be professional, let's be professional with everything)
- We need to anticipate any creative material in order to approve it before and have more time to improve and correct!
- Things out of control: It wasn't our fault that food wasn't ready, next time we will be aware of this fact and have, at least, the cocktails and some dishes served by the official opening time (we organized it to start at 7 so basic things should be ready for 7)

But, in general, really GOOD JOB!! I have to say that my contacts said that we really proposed a different concept in there. They loved the place, the visuals, the kind of dishes we were serving and our efforts. Of course, they had to wait a bit at the beginning, but it was not the end of the world for them!

We should learn from criticism but REMEMBER, CONSTRUCTIVE ONE, I don't think the negative review was very constructive...it pointed out some good points about organization that we should take into account but in a destructive way and really, if you don't understand a concept, you can never say how to improve it, you are not adding value!!

MLL

2 comments:

  1. If you invite bloggers and journalists to an event, you should expect some criticism, you're bound to get it.

    Here's another one - don't tell people you've bought all the produce from Borough Market and then leave punnets of tescos raspberries / blueberries hanging around to be photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so annoyed I've only discovered your project now! I wish Nuno had mentioned something. I've cooked/created a couple of dinners at his. Planning on my third. Please do let me know when your next one is!
    Kind Regards,

    Rachel Khoo
    P.S. I actually found your project as I was looking on the school of life (I'm working on a few projects with them) event with Food futurologist Morgane Gaye who I googled and found your project.

    ReplyDelete